Let’s work together
What we do
Our consultants will focus on the identification of the organisation’s risks and / or impacts and the implementation of systems to control these risks and / or impacts. Therefore developing a risk based integrated SHE management system designed to suit the clients own needs, the aim being that systems developed and implemented will be sustained by the clients own employees.
What is the function of a health and safety consultant?
Health and Safety Consultants assist the client with the implementation and maintenance of a documented health and safety management system. The consultant is appointed as a consultant and does not relieve the employer of any statutory requirements or duties as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 and all other applicable legislation.
A consultant is a professional who provides expert advice in a particular functional area or any of many other specialised fields.
In terms of the OHS Act under section 37 , a consultant is a contractor or mandatary and will need to comply with the requirements of the law. Health and Safety Consultants must be experts in the OHS field with extensive experience in various industries e.g:
TRAC prides itself in providing the required resource to assist in managing our clients SHE Management systems as an alternative solution. This service includes the maintaining and updating of the SHE Management system inclusive of managing external audits. TRAC has furthered their skills in ISO 22000 and ISO 22002-1 to assist clients in Food Safety Management programmes since 2012.
Get a Free First Consultation – Sign Up Online!
Implementation Of ISO ISO 45001:2018
Here are some benefits of using the ISO 45001:2018 framework:
- Reduce the risk of fines – The standard drives increased employee awareness of and compliance with legal OH&S obligations, minimising the risk of legal action
- Improve your corporate image – having best-practice ISO measures in place to protect staff can increase stakeholders and interested parties’ confidence
- Implement clear OH&S processes – Protect the health and well-being of your employees, sub-contractors and the general public by implementing clear processes that everyone can easily follow
- Minimise employer liability – by adopting proactive rather than reactive controls
- Reduce accident rates – the standard helps you to reduce accident/incident rates by identifying and minimising workplace hazards
- Improve your incident investigation process– by identifying the potential causes of accidents within the workplace you can prevent repeat incidents
- Increase employee motivation – by involving them in the process of creating a safer workplace and improving communication and training
- Boost productivity – by preventing incidents that disrupt your business, reducing absenteeism and enhancing employee morale.
We specialize in the development of a company customized health and safety management system which is risk based and dovetails with all existing management systems. The objective of the system is to reduce risk to people, equipment and in the working environment.
Implementation of ISO 14001:2015
We specialize in the development of a company specific environmental management system, which will reduce / minimize / eliminate the impact of the company’s processes on the environment.
How will ISO 14001:2015 help your business?
A well designed and implemented environmental management system should address the delicate balance between maintaining profitability and reducing environmental impact, and include:
- Streamlining environmental processes, reducing waste and the carbon footprint of your business
- Reducing tax, energy and insurance bills, lowering operating costs
- Reducing the risk of prosecution due to environmental breaches or failure to comply with the law and the associated bad PR
- Providing your business with the credentials to satisfy growing market demand and open up global business opportunities with a recognised mark of environmental efficiency
- Giving clients and those in your supply chain absolute confidence that your business will add value and support them in their own environmental policies.
Perhaps the most important element of ISO 14001-2015 however, is that it is not a one-off exercise with regular reviews keeping the environment at the heart of corporate culture. In a world where environmental impact is of growing importance, an environmental management system can keep you ahead of your competition.
Food Safety Management System (ISO 22001:2018)
A food safety program is a written plan that shows what a business does to ensure that the food it sells is safe for people to eat. It is an important tool to help businesses handle, process or sell potentially hazardous foods. This is necessary to maintain safe food handling practices and protect public health. A food safety program is a written documented system indicating how a food business will control the food safety hazards associated with the food handling activities of the business
Total Risk provides the services to implement a company-specific food safety management system and has to this end developed a food safety management kit for easy implementation.”
Development Of Documentation Forms
TRAC Can Assist In The Development Of All Mandatory Procedures Required By The International Standards:
- Hazard assessment procedure
- Incident management procedure
- Training management procedure
- Document and record control procedure
- Monitoring procedure
- Emergency procedure
- Auditing procedure
Further To This TRAC Can Develop And Provide Customised Inspection Records, Which Will Enhance The Management System To Reduce Risk:
- SHE Representative inspection records
- First aid boxes
- Emergency equipment i.e. safety showers etc.
- Lifting tackle and many, many more
Policies Which TRAC Can Assist With:
- Health & safety Policy
- Environmental Policy
- No Smoking Policy
- Alcohol and drug abuse policy
- Workplace Inspections
TRAC can assist you with conducting your workplace inspections to ensure that your workplace is legally compliant by developing a company specific planned monitoring program with predetermined inspection frequencies.
TRAC Conducts Baseline Tisk Assessments On:
- People tasks
- Equipment used
- Materials used or exposed to and
- The working environment
- Aspect Assessments (Baseline)
- Continuous based risk assessments: Based on company risk profile
- Issue based risk assessment
Development of Safety & Health Plans (Construction Regulations)
As per the construction requirements TRAC has extensive experience in the development of SHE Plans. Documentation and Forms will be customized with company logos and letterheads. All assessments and work method statements will be prepared and ready for use.